Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1955, Lester Sterling began a newsletter dedicated to these items. In 1958 the A.P.C.S. began with 191 members. Now they have members from all over the world and even hold conventions every two years.
What group uses A.P.C.S. as their call sign?
(once common tools in every house, office, and school)
2. This group has members from three continents, including Canada and the U.S., and uses the call sign I.C.C.A. Their first meeting was chaired by Dr. Bernard Watney and was held on October 1, 1974, at the Guinness Brewery in London, England.
What 'twisted' group calls themselves the I.C.C.A.?
(being 'habitual' comes in some strange ways)
3. If you're into the exciting world of rubber, then the R.H.S.I. might be for you. This organization came about in 1949, when employees in the industry decided they wanted more respect and recognition by company bosses. (Talk about a compelling world of excitement for potential members...)
What group uses the letter R.H.S.I. as their call sign?
(these organized 'tyrants' must be 'fishy' characters)
4. In 1924, this body of British WWI veterans formed the A.O.F.B., with its mandate being to raise money for the children's charity work of surgeon Sir Alfred Fripp. Although it disbanded in 1931 due to worldwide recession, it succeeded in reaching its goals.
Which of the following groups used A.O.F.B. as their call sign?
(drinking draft beer was essential in becoming 'skilled')
5. Minneapolis Public relations man, Bill Bentzin, formed the C.R.O.C. in 1972 to allow members a public voice for venting displeasure about the television networks' attempts to force people to put up with the idiocy of this common t.v. item. (We may all find a "place in the world" with this group)
What group called C.R.O.C. did Bentzin form to deal with this 'croc'?
6. This North American group, with the call sign B.L.O.P., brags that they have never incurred one cent of rental costs for their meetings. That's because they meet on lots near burned out buildings, in abandoned warehouses, and even landfill sites. Their agenda has never been printed because "there'd be nothing on it worth discussing".
Which organization is known to its members as B.L.O.P.?
(Informing them that getting into the group is 'hopeless' assures membership)
7. Asked about when they were formed, how to become a member, and what their group mandate is, the members of the N.N.F. just shrug once and give you a vacant stare. In 1973, they did as little as they possibly could to have Jan.16 declared an annual holiday, but it was against their unwritten rules to fill in the applications.
What does N.N.F. stand for when referring to this group?
(fees are 'nada', at meetings 'zip' gets done, and they have 'zero' funds)
8. "Deprogramming the masses since 1547" is this organzation's motto. The call name of this bunch is the F.E.S. The information they still try to dispel over 460 years after their inception, has been scientifically proven time and time again by some of mankind's most notable scientists and explorers.
What crazy bunch go by the moniker F.E.S.?
(their research only proves their heads may be this)
9. This group, whose acronym is L.I.A.R., specializes in the creation and use of double-meaning sentences for those having to write letters of recommendation for poorly performing former employees, students, or job applicants. The purpose of the double-meanings is to protect the writer from threats of legal action.
Which of the following agencies uses L.I.A.R. as its call sign?
(It 'isn't obvious' about their 'wishy-washy' intentions)
10. The idea for this club, called the P.C.A., came about in 1956. The founders eventually got around to delaying posting notices for membership. After purposefully delaying their initial meeting until 1958, they got around to it when they felt like it. Individuals are encouraged to take their time sending in applications that will or will not get attention maybe or maybe not.
If you get around to it, can you tell me what P.C.A. stands for?
(Later I might tell you to put off answering this until you feel like it)
Source: Author krazykritik
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.