Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's start with one of the most feared animals on the earth - the crocodile. What is considered the MOST dangerous of the crocodiles found in Australia?
2. Estuarine crocodiles bask with their mouths wide open to control their temperature.
3. Which one of these facts about saltwater crocodiles is INCORRECT?
4. Australia has a large number of snakes on the land and in the water. Which of these dangerous snakes have species referred to as 'inland', 'coastal' and the 'central ranges' varieties?
5. In what state/territory of Australia would you NOT find a tiger snake?
6. The death adder has four main species found in Australia. In what state/territory of Australia would you NOT find a death adder?
7. One of these statements about the copperhead snake (Austrelaps superbus) is correct and the others are incorrect - which one is CORRECT?
8. Have Australian scorpions been responsible for any recorded deaths in all of the states/territories combined?
9. Mosquitoes are known to carry diseases, especially malaria. Which of these Australian diseases carried by the mosquito are restricted to ONLY the Queensland regions?
10. Just moving away from the dangerous animals for a tick, lets focus on those that have studied some of the dangerous creatures found within Australia and shared their knowledge with the world.
One of these people began their career as a real life crocodile hunter, then later on established a crocodile farm and started a breeding program to ensure that the species did not die out. This person also had an Australian python named in their honour. Name that person.
11. Back to the dangerous animals of Australia and we turn our attention to one of the national emblems of Australia - The kangaroo.
One of the following statements is CORRECT - which one?
12. Which of these spiders is considered to be the LEAST dangerous?
13. A daddy long-legs spider can kill and eat a redback spider.
14. I am an invertebrate. I live in the tropical coastal waters of Australia but prefer shallow water. The best weapon against me if I envenomate you is to pour vinegar on me and/or the bite area. What am I?
Extra Hint: Looking mainly for TWO words, but can be three words. Can use "the" as well.
15. The great white shark is a frequent visitor to Australian waters. Which fact about sharks is INCORRECT?
Source: Author Lssah
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.