Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which type of reptile has the largest number of species?
2. Which type of reptile is represented by only 2 living species?
3. What is the Jacobson's organ used for?
4. What does it mean for a snake to be "viviparous"?
5. Closely related to snakes and lizards, this type of reptile spends the majority of its time underground.
6. Coral snakes are colourful venomous snakes. Other non venomous snakes have evolved similar colour patterns to confuse predators. What is this defense mechanism called?
7. Are there any snakes which eat only plants?
8. This type of reptile is the oldest living form of reptile, and it has changed little in over 200 million years.
9. Snakes exist in almost all parts of the world. Which of the following is the exception?
10. In Linnean classification, in what order do lizards and snakes belong?
Source: Author gbvenom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.