Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The American alligator is the apex predator of the Everglades, Florida, USA. What is the only other country where you can naturally find alligators?
2. Some alligators are born leucisitic, meaning they are mostly white. Is this an advantage?
3. At the zoo, I visited the herpetarium and saw two very large snakes. Which snake grows to the greatest length in the world -- the anaconda or the reticulated python?
4. What snake is known for inflating its body with air, then contracting and making a loud hissing noise?
5. The largest lizard species in the world is the Komodo dragon, which can grow to 7-10 feet or 2-3 meters long. Where would you find this formidable creature in its native habitat?
6. In the Mojave Desert of the southwestern USA you'll find the sidewinder. Is it one of the largest or one of the smallest rattlesnakes in California?
7. Another desert-dwelling snake is the western diamondback. Which of these statements is about the western diamondback is FALSE?
8. In the Florida everglades, one often thinks of animals like alligators and snakes, but there's another dangerous animal that might get overlooked (and shouldn't). What's another reptile potentially dangerous to careless human beings?
9. The matamata turtle might get overlooked because it is camouflaged to blend in with its surroundings. According to many sources, what is the name of matamata said to mean in the native South American language from which it is named?
10. You should avoid feeding adult alligators because they are so large and dangerous, but it is okay to feed baby alligators in the wild.
Source: Author gracious1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.