Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When choosing a hermit crab things to consider include the crab's size, activity, and health. An individual should avoid inactive crabs and pick one that shows some activity. They should check for missing limbs and any deformities. An individual should also consider the size of the crab when thinking about the living conditions they can provide for it.
2. It is possible to recognize the gender in a hermit crab if the crab is willing to move out of its shell until the bases of its legs can be seen. Which of these features can identify the gender of a female hermit crab?
3. Hermit crabs usually are very successful at reproducing offspring in captivity.
4. After the hermit crab is picked out, it needs a space of its own. Which of these can make a suitable living space?
5. Once the hermit crab's living space has been chosen, it will need supplies for its care. The crab will need extra shells, a thermometer, a sponge for the crab's drinking water, sand or gravel to line its container, small food dishes, and pet food.
6. Hermit crabs have an omnivorous diet. Which of these is NOT a suitable food for them?
7. Temperatures that are not close to a crab's natural environment cause a crab stress or lead to death. Which of these is a suitable temperature range for a crab's habitat?
8. When hermit crabs grow, they go through a process called molting. In this process the hermit crab sheds its exoskeleton and makes a new one. During the molting process it will also regrow any missing limbs. If a hermit crab is suspected of molting what should the owner do?
9. Molting can scare new pet owners because crabs can appear to be dead. If a hermit crab dies, what is one way the owner can tell it is dead and not molting?
10. Hermit crabs are social creatures that love each other's company. In nature hermit crabs often live together in groups. Two or more hermit crabs living together bring comfort and company to the hermit crab's environment.
Source: Author exceller
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.