Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following domestically bred birds, originally from Australia, is the most popular avian pet due to its small size, low cost, ability to mimic human speech and playful nature?
2. Which flightless bird, the second largest in the world by height, is proudly displayed opposite the kangaroo on the coat of arms of Australia?
3. Which native Australian bird lent its name to a 2010 film starring Natalie Portman as a ballerina?
4. Which flightless bird that would normally be associated with Antarctica is commonly found in Australia?
5. Which second most popular avian pet (behind the budgerigar) is the smallest of all Australian cockatoos?
6. In Aussie slang, 'cocky' (shortened from cockatoo) can refer to a farmer. This usage probably derived because some species of cockatoo have thrived with the widespread cultivation of grain crops. Which one of the following statements about cockatoos is true?
7. Which pink and grey cockatoo is believed to be the species that has most benefited from the European settlement of Australia?
8. Which musical Australian bird is named after the unusual shape of its tail feathers which resemble a musical instrument?
9. What appropriately named, beautifully colourful Aussie bird has been declared a pest in Western Australia and New Zealand where it is an introduced species?
10. Which is the world's largest kingfisher?
Source: Author odo5435
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.