Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A popular aviary bird, this type of parrot inhabits forests and woodlands on the east coast of Australia. Coloured red, green and blue, what is its name?
2. There are two types of this large kingfisher in Australia. Its habitat includes northern and eastern Australia and central and southern Western Australia. What is its name?
3. Inhabiting the north eastern coast of Australia, this parrot lives in open forests, woodland, semi-arid shrubland and farmland. What is its name?
4. There are more than six different types of this small bird in Australia. Found only in northern Australia, this particular one has very distinctive colouring. What is its name?
5. One of Australia's many cockatoos, this bird is fairly widespread with several subspecies. Black in colour, this particular one is the second largest of its kind. What is its name?
6. This very colourful Australian bird is a popular aviary inhabitant and a clever mimic and is found all along the eastern coast of Australia and across Victoria, into eastern South Australia. What is its name?
7. A species of cockatoo that inhabits inland, southern and western Australia. Males and females are almost indistinguishable. What is its name?
8. This little parrot is another popular aviary inhabitant. Widespread across the Australian mainland, it has a distinctive crest. What is its name?
9. This Owl is known by its call which can be very unnerving! It is fairly widespread covering eastern and northern Australia with large pockets in Western Australia. What is its name?
10. This little bird with a grey body and brown wings is very common in Australia with a range covering almost the entire Australian mainland. It is also a popular aviary bird. What is its name?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.