Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the oldest and most popular longhair cats. The quietest and least active of the cats breeds?
2. Possibly the first deliberate hybridization of two breeds, it is a cross between a Persian and a Siamese. Its temperament is calm and friendly. Which cross-breed?
3. A well-built cat with highlighted paws and large and blue eyes. Its silky hair is not as thick as a Persian's and is less prone to matting. It is believed to be descended from the temple cats of Burma.
4. A big and surprisingly heavy cat, they are born white and slowly develop color and patterns over two years. They are a genial and relaxed breed?
5. Many of these large cats strongly resemble raccoons. They look their best in winter when their heavy, glossy coat is at its most luxurious?
6. A large size and long hind legs give this 'natural cat' a commanding presence. It is a superb climber and hunter and owners who live near streams often say that this breed will fish?
7. Originally bred in a cold climate, every aspect of this breed is adapted for survival in tough conditions. The build is large and its fur is strong and its undercoat is dense enough to keep out piercing winds?
8. One of the most controversial cat breeds, this dwarf cat has short legs, but a very flexible spine?
9. This beautiful, mainly white breed is the only domesticated cat who enjoys getting wet?
10. One of the few longhaired rexed breeds, having curly fur and whiskers. They are very active and inquisitive and being of farm-cat ancestry are also excellent hunters?
11. This breed has a bushy tail, arched back, and appears to walk on its tiptoes. A descendent of the shorthaired Abyssinian, it is also a very active breed, living up to its slightly wild looks.
12. This breed with a bunny-hop gait matches the original shorthaired Manx in all except coat, which is semilong and double. It produces 'stumpies' and 'longies' with some degree of tail, as well as the tailless 'rumpies'?
13. The name of this new breed is German for 'mist-creature'. The silver-tipped blue hair gives them a luminous beauty. It is based upon a 'lost' longhaired strain of the Russian Blue?
14. Slender, fine-boned and regal in appearance, this social breed is happiest when it is underfoot or at the center of activity and is a suberb escape artist. Its ancestry is the Longhaired Siamese?
15. This breed is graceful and athletic, with fine bones and a silky coat. Its single coat shimmers when it moves. Often confused with another cat with a similar name?
Source: Author Morrigan716
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.