Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Known as the brush-tailed marsupial mouse, what am I?
2. I live permanently in the sea, but breathe air and suckle my young. I graze on 'fields' of sea grass. What is my name?
3. I am a member of the 'dragon' family, a lizard, and live in northern Queensland and the Northern Territory. What am I?
4. My name is Aboriginal for 'tiger cat'. What am I?
5. I am found on the Australian mainland and its surrounding small islands only (not Tasmania) and live and hunt alone or in family groups. What am I?
6. There are three types of my kind that live only in Australia. I am nocturnal, emerging from my burrow to feed on plants. What am I?
7. My scientific name means 'short-headed rope-dancer'. What am I?
8. I'm a bird and I like to build a large nest which I constantly check for temperature. What am I?
9. I am an amphibian, generally green in colour. What am I?
10. I am a beautiful grey 'dancing' crane. What is my name?
11. I live in inland freshwater habitats and am a crustacean. What is my name?
12. I am an ash coloured arboreal, pouched mammal, with a name that comes from Aboriginal for 'no drink'. What am I?
13. I am the largest of my species worldwide- a bird with a wingspan over 3 m and a very large beak. What is my name?
14. I live in temperate oceans of the world and am a grey coloured fish with a white underbelly. I don't have any bones, but I can have up to 3,000 teeth. What am I?
15. I am a bird, with striped plumage when a baby and very tall as an adult! What is my name?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.