Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the beginning is the egg. About how large is the average ostrich egg?
2. Considered native only to Africa now, extinct species have been found in fossilized form where?
3. Ostriches have many predators in the wild, and their only defense is to run away from them. True or false?
4. There is a definite pecking order in ostrich harems. True or False?
5. Though it is flightless, the ostrich uses his wings for which purposes?
6. Ostrich legs are long and muscular. What is the name of the lowest part of the leg that is covered in scales?
7. Ostrich ranching and breeding has become widespread across all continents but Antarctica. Though the market in live ostriches is volatile, the birds are still used for many purposes. Which is NOT one of these?
8. An ostrich can go without water for days if it eats enough food containing water.
How much of its body weight can the average healthy bird lose before becoming dehydrated?
9. The ostrich tends to travel in nomadic groups of five to fifty birds, each male having two to seven females. In winter they tend to stay alone or in pairs. True or False?
10. So, you want to raise ostriches. You can often get good information from where?
Source: Author alexis722
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.