Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which large mammal is Nevada's official state animal?
2. This animal exists in large numbers everywhere in Nevada. It equally at ease roaming cities and open areas. They can jump over tall fences and are known for their mournful howls at night. This animal is the most abundant livestock predator in western North America, causing the majority of sheep and goat losses due to predators.
3. One of the largest pure predators in Nevada, it ranges throughout Nevada. Their home range can extend for more than a hundred miles. Its scientific name is "Felis concolor" which means "cat of one color." What animal is it?
4. The jackalope is a native species of Nevada.
5. What is the only type of bear known to exist within Nevada's borders today?
6. This typically all white animal is normally spotted climbing around rocky mountain slopes, easily jumping from ledge to ledge.
7. In 1999, one of these animals harvested was the largest ever taken in Nevada and the second largest ever found in the United States during the 20th century.
8. The first case of the dreaded hantavirus occured in Nevada. Fortunately, the man survived but many others haven't been so lucky. The rodent primarily responsible for the spread of the disease in Nevada is the ______ mouse.
9. This is one of the meanest and toughest animals not only in Wisconsin but also in Nevada.
10. The jackrabbit is a rabbit.
Source: Author ghosttowner
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.