Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Albacore tuna can be found in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. Which of these is their main source of food?
2. The body on a yellowfin tuna is dark blue and silver. The bright yellow dorsal fin, anal fin and finlets are how it earned its name. How many years is the average life span?
3. The Atlantic bluefin tuna is fished both commercially and by sport fisherman. From the list below can you identify one of the nicknames for this fish?
4. Using ultrasonic transmitters, it has been found that bigeye tuna descend to deep, cool waters during the day and ascend at dusk to warmer waters. What is the Hawaiian name for the bigeye tuna?
5. Which of the tunas below is the only species in the genus Allothunnus?
6. The Pacific bluefin tuna has been successfully bred in Japan. What name is used to refer to the farm-bred tuna?
7. Thunnus tonggol can be found in the Western Indian Ocean and West Pacific tropical waters. Which of the names below is the common name for this tuna?
8. Skipjack tuna are often found in shoals near surface waters. These fish are often caught to be sold commercially. Cured and smoked, which of these Indonesian dishes is made from skipjack tuna?
9. Which of these tunas can mainly be found around coral reefs?
10. Which of these migratory tuna is found only in the western Atlantic ocean?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.