Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Vladimir Putin first elected President of Russia; Concorde crashed on take-off in Paris; USS Cole bombed in Aden.
2. The Euro currency started circulating; "A Beautiful Mind" won the 74th Academy Awards; Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother died.
3. Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated; Saddam Hussein was captured; Maurice Gibb and Bob Hope died.
4. Facebook was launched; Summer Olympics held in Athens; 60th anniversary of D-Day.
5. Hurricane Katrina battered New Orleans; 7th July bombings in London; death of Pope John Paul II.
6. Thaksin Shinawatra overthrown by a coup; Pluto demoted to 'dwarf planet' status; Winter Olympics held in Turin.
7. Bulgaria and Romania joined the EU; Wales, Northern Ireland and England banned smoking inside public buildings; Luciano Pavarotti and Boris Yeltsin died.
8. Wikipedia went online; Mir space station returned to Earth; Discovery of hominid Toumai.
9. CERN's Large Hadron Collider completed; first-ever general election held in Bhutan; death of Heath Ledger and Charlton Heston.
10. Michael Jackson died; Plane landed in the Hudson River; Typhoon Morakot in Asia.
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.