Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. An example to start:
The ogre yawned, suffering from universal Monday boredom.
(One word - 4, 6 or 3 letters)
'Grey' is in 'ogre yawned'. 'Salmon' is in 'universal Monday. 'Red' is inside 'boredom'.
So the answer would be grey OR salmon OR red.
Now try this bit.
He had just recalled that a late alteration to his job lacked sufficient detail.
(One word - 4 or 5 letters)
2. The information was very highbrow, not simple enough for him. He went to a nursery where he said, "I'd like a Larkspur, please." Then he thought, "I fancy a nice cup of tea."
(One word - 5, 6 or 4 letters)
3. "There is a good shop in Kent with a well-filled table - crumby bread, ham, berries."
(One word - 4, 4 or 5 letters)
4. "Also an excellent blueberry pie and a gateau, burnt not too much. People find I gobble, quickly, but I get very hungry."
(One word - 4, 6 or 6 letters)
5. The ogre enjoyed his food, and, leaving the loch, returned to his car. "Let's go."
(One word - 5, 5 or 7 letters)
6. "The robe I generally wear, well I laced it too tightly; I'm trying hard not to yell 'Ow'."
(One word - 5, 5 or 6 letters)
7. For angels rescued him after devils from the acre ambushed him. The blow hit extremely hard. From a gent, a true gentleman, came help for the trauma. UV enveloped him with warmth.
(One word - 6, 5, 5, 7 or 5 letters)
8. He said, "Using old cloths, washed in Persil very well, rub your acrylic rims on them to remove the spider's web on your glasses before you go off lamenting."
(One word - 4, 6, 4, 7, 5 or 5 letters)
9. His pet dingo, lively as ever, fawning around his legs with a frolic or a lick, rose to the occasion.
(One word - 5, 4, 5 or 4 letters)
10. He, as a dancer, is ecstatic and became light-hearted, hearing the viol eternally playing; then began planning a visit to San Francisco, Baltimore and other places in America, followed by a trip to see the Tammaro, one of Italy's rivers.
(One word - 6, 5, 6, 6 or 6 letters)
Source: Author Lottie1001
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Fifiona81
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.