Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From which of the following did Dirk from the Rutles cause a sensation by admitting, with some embarrassment, he had already tried?
2. In what film is the immortal "Say no more!" cue revived, and who delivers it?
3. Eric's children story, "The Owl and the Pussycat," was based on the writings of:
4. Which video game includes the song "That's Death," where Eric praises the Grim Reaper and tells you about the hipness of being dead?
5. How many times did Eric host "Saturday Night Live"?
6. Which of Eric's works deals with the embalmed body of a dead Foreign Secretary still turning up for Cabinet meetings, a frustrated astronaut who's upset to remain in orbit while the others walk on the moon, and America deciding to invade France because the Vietnam War is losing public appeal?
7. Which of these George Harrison clips did Eric direct?
8. In which of these movies did Eric play the villain?
9. Eric's signature song, "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life," turned out to be Monty Python's only hit, reaching n°3 in the UK charts and also topping Swiss and German ones. When was it?
10. Of which director did Eric say: "I was always smart enough to avoid his films before, but I guess with old age and sentimentality I thought, wouldn't it be nice to be on one of his films? Big mistake!"
11. What was the name of Eric's radio series transmitted in 1974 on BBC Radio 1?
12. What is the only serious part Eric ever played in his career?
13. In 1999, what movie involving Eric won the 19th Razzie Award in the category "Worst film of the year"?
14. Did you know that Eric had a soft spot for France? Name the one thing he did NOT do:
15. In "The Road to Mars," a robot develops a theory of comedy while touring with a comedy duo. On what basis?
16. Who did Dirk McQuickly's vocal parts in "The Rutles"?
17. One of the highlights of "The Mikado" has to be executioner Ko-Ko's "little list" of "society offenders that may well be underground" and "never would be missed." Who amongst the following does Eric spare in his entirely rewritten lyrics?
18. Where does the name "Rutland" originally come from?
19. In which 1985 episode of the "National Lampoon" series did Eric appear?
20. Who is Nigel Spasm?
Source: Author ecoutelebeat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.