Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the main characters in "The Broons" family is the bairn. What does 'bairn' actually mean?
2. If Joe Broon described a girl as a 'braw lass', what would he most probably mean?
3. Sometimes various members of "The Broons" family mention their breeks. What are breeks?
4. If Maw Broon said 'dinnae greet' to the bairn, what would she have meant?
5. The expression 'But an' Ben' is often used by "The Broons". What does 'But an' Ben' refer to?
6. In an amusing sketch in the 2001 "The Broons" annual, Maggie Broon told Paw to light the fire because the house was so cold. What unusual expression did she use to say how cold it was?
7. How would "The Broons" have referred to the chimney stack on their house?
8. One of the expressions commonly used by various members of "The Broons" family is 'whit a scunner'. What did they mean by 'scunner'?
9. What might "The Broons" have meant when, in various sketches, they described someone or something as 'muckle'?
10. If Maggie or Daphne Broon were fed up with complaints from Paw Broon about their spending habits, what might they have said about him?
11. If one of "The Broons" was taken by surprise, what exclamation might they have used?
12. Occasionally one of "The Broons" family members referred to another as 'a foolish person', though they would never have used that particular expression. What would they have said?
13. On seeing a well dressed man approaching, Paw Broon once said 'Get indoors quick man, afore ye fleg the bairns'. What did he mean by 'fleg'?
14. Whenever a member of "The Broons" family spoke of a 'bunnet', what were they referring to?
15. On the front cover of the 'Seldom Seen Classics' annual, "The Broons" family are seen singing 'For he's a jolly good leerie'. What profession is a 'leerie'?
Source: Author picqero
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.