Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Anticipation has been building for weeks! It's finally Christmas Eve. As tough as it is, the time to go to sleep has arrived so Santa Claus doesn't pass you by. What is a not a wise thing to leave on a table for him when he comes down the chimney?
2. A Christmas tree is an important part of the holiday, the bigger the better! Picking the perfect tree is always fun and for many, going out into the woods and cutting your own tree is a family tradition. The act of decorating the tree has a particular name. Which one is it?
3. Watching Christmas movies is also an enjoyable way to keep excited children occupied. One movie in particular has played for 24 hours straight starting on Christmas Eve for many years. Which movie about a boy named Ralphie and his quest for a Red Ryder rifle is this?
4. Another important indoor decoration hangs down from a doorway or archway. If someone gets caught underneath, a kiss is the normal result. What is the name of this decoration?
5. For a long time, Santa Claus traditionally had eight reindeer pulling his sleigh. However, a new book in 1939 changed all that. What was the name of this new reindeer whose nose glowed?
6. Everybody opens their presents on Christmas Day.
7. The best selling Christmas song of all time is "White Christmas." The song was written by Irving Berlin but who was the deep-voiced crooner that first sang it in public on Christmas Day, 1941?
8. From "'Twas the Night Before Christmas:" "His eyes, how they twinkled! His dimples how merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a ___." What comes next?
9. What is the name of the traditional Christmas drink made with milk or cream, seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg?
10. While Christmas is a great time to celebrate with family and friends, it is important to remember that the holiday is meant to honor the birthday of which person?
Source: Author ghosttowner
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.