Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The French term 'mirepoix' refers to a diced mixture traditionally used to add flavour to stock, and is comprised of onions, carrots and what other vegetable?
2. There's a yummy soup that's associated mostly with Russia called Borscht - what is its main ingredient?
3. The name 'radish' literally comes from the Latin word for what?
4. Beloved of Popeye, which leafy vegetable is a great source of iron and other nutrients?
5. Which slimy vegetable is often used in the Southern USA in soups and stews, particularly gumbo, and is good for thickening?
6. What vegetable is used in many parts of the word to feed to pigs, in the USA for pies at Thanksgiving, and in Australia is an integral part of a roast dinner?
7. What vegetable is one the floral emblems of Wales and, along with onions and chives, is a member of the Allium genus?
8. Also known as French Fries, what other name do these yummy snacks have in common with tokens used in a game of poker?
9. In folklore, the juice of what vegetable is said to reduce the pain of earache?
10. Which vegetable is a close relative of Queen Anne's Lace, and comes in a variety of colours, though most commonly are orange?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.