Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The name for which peppery salad vegetable literally comes from the Latin word for 'root'?
2. Found in Las Vegas as in the kitchen, what is the correct French term for a dice of onions, carrots and celery traditionally used to add flavour to stock?
3. Russian Roulette....which soup associated with Poland and Russia is made from beetroot?
4. Which leafy vegetable, beloved of Popeye, would give you carotenoids, minerals, folate, fibre, iron, and vitamins A, B2, B6, B1,C, E and K - and the strength to spin the roulette wheel?
5. Add a letter to the apparatus used to play blackjack to find the name of another leafy vegetable, similar to spinach. It is sometimes prefaced by the word 'Swiss'.
6. Which vegetable is known to have its 'roots' in Queen Anne's Lace?
7. Desiree, Russet, Pontiac; what do these potatoes have in common with tokens used in a game of poker?
8. I have a lot of favourite veggies, but I think my favourite vegetable to eat roasted is pumpkin. Lady Flo Bjelke-Petersen, wife of a former Premier of Queensland, was famous for using pumpkin in what baked good?
9. Which vegetable, often used in the Southern USA in soups and stews, is in the same family as the Rose of Sharon, the national flower of Korea?
10. In folklore, which vegetable was used to relieve earache by (usually) cooking it and holding the warm vegetable against the ear?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.