Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Eating records have to be some of the most accessible in the world. Everyone has to eat and can therefore potentially hold a record. On 10 October 2008, Jim Lyngvild established a world record by eating seven sweets, of a particular confectionery brand, in one minute. What did he consume?
2. A bizarre European record was set on 8 December 2006 and took 17.35 seconds to achieve. What was this extraordinary feat?
3. In 2001 Ken Edwards set a world record for eating 36 live cockroaches in one minute. Where did he achieve this disgusting feat?
4. This record was established in the year 2000 by American Bernie Barker. All he did was to continue working in his particular field of employment at the age of 66 years old. What was he still doing at that age that was so unusual?
5. Elaine Davidson of Edinburgh in Scotland set an odd record on August 9 2001. What was her claim to fame?
6. On November 5 2007 an American man, Jackie Bibbie, set a world record for sitting in a bath with what?
7. Kim Goodman set a world record in November 2007 for a bizarre anatomical feat. What was it?
8. Wesley Pemberton set an unusual record on 9 February 2008 for the length of a particular part of his anatomy. If I tell you the length was 16.51cm, what do you think the part was?
9. Diamonds are a girl's best friend, so they say. Most of the well known ones have been around a while but there are some modern contenders. Do you know which of these cut diamonds is the largest?
10. Niek Vermeulen has been collecting an unusual item since 1970. He held a record on 26 March 2008 for possessing 5468 of these. What could be so fascinating that it motivated him to collect that many what?
Source: Author BillMcC
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.