Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the frightened schoolteacher in the American classic tale "Legend of Sleepy Hollow"?
2. What state is the topic of "Be Nice to _______ Week" (name of state), celebrated July 7-13?
3. What spot is noted for being the lowest in the United States, geographically speaking?
4. What US President was the subject of this joke of the times: Q: "What does a(n) _______ doll do?" A: "Wind it up, and it sits around for four years"?
5. What American folk hero fed his horse, Widowmaker, barbed wire and nitroglycerin?
6. On November 19, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln gave a short, four-minute speech that came to be known as the Gettysburg Address. But he was not scheduled to be the main speaker for the event - who was?
7. What was both the title of a song written by Cole Porter and the title of a biographical movie about him?
8. What Walt Disney character made his/her debut in the 1934 film "The Wise Little Hen"?
9. What is the name of the heroine in the novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
10. Which is the most populous Native American group in North America?
11. What was the term used to describe a Northerner sympathetic to the South during the US Civil War?
12. What poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow begins with the line "This is the forest primeval"?
13. What popular comic strip was created by Chester Gould in 1931?
14. What dim-witted animal is known as the "Texas turkey"?
15. In what city did the decisive battle of the American Revolution occur, in October 1781?
Source: Author bullymom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.