Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My father was born four days after The Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service had merged to form the Royal Air Force. In which year did these events take place?
2. In the 1930s my father began a six year apprenticeship to gain a trade in the construction industry. The job involved the use of stretchers and headers. What type of tradesman did he become?
3. My father was born in York and was always proud to be known as a Yorkshireman. What is the name traditionally given to a man from the county?
4. In 1939 at the outbreak of the second World War, my father volunteered to join the British Army. He became a Sapper. What regiment had he joined?
5. During the fifties my father owned a smallholding in the North Yorkshire countryside. There, he raised Wessex Saddlebacks. What type of animal is a Saddleback?
6. During the 1960s my father was exhibiting some magnificent chrysanthemum blooms. Where in the U.K. does The Royal Horticultural Society hold its Annual Flower Show?
7. In 1968, My father bought his first new motor car, a Ford Cortina. In 1982 Ford (UK) replaced the Cortina with which new model?
8. A favourite time for my father was a day at the races and a bet on the horses. Which of these towns in northern England does NOT have a racecourse?
9. Dad always enjoyed a relaxing walk along the river bank, occasionally watching his two sons fishing. What is the main river that flows through the City of York?
10. The story of my dad's life sadly ended in 1978. Who took the song "The Story of My Life" to the top of the British pop charts 20 years earlier?
Source: Author ykroy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.