Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which northern UK city, home of Anfield and Goodison Park football grounds, has a principal railway station named Lime Street?
2. Which of the following soft drink brands is NOT lemon-and-lime flavoured?
3. In which 1949 film did Orson Welles star as a character named Harry Lime?
4. Why would eighteenth-century British sailors suck on pieces of lime?
5. Which of the following UK tourist attractions is NOT a limestone feature?
6. Which Mexican bottled beer is commonly served with a slice of lime stuck into the neck of the bottle?
7. The Silver Lime tree, Tilia tomentosa, bears the citrus fruit known as a lime. True or false?
8. Which famous poet of the Romantic movement, better known for a poem about the death of a big seabird, wrote "This lime-tree bower my prison"?
9. The 1952 film "Limelight" was written and directed by, as well as starring, which British-born comedian better know for his silent movies of the 1910s and '20s?
10. If you were served with a portion of lime pickle as an accompaniment to your meal, in which of the following restaurants are you most likely to be eating?
Source: Author stedman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.