Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Lime can refer to a fruit, often associated with lemons. To what general variety of fruit do limes belong?
2. Lime fruits are grown all over the world, but which South Asian country is one of the world's largest producers of limes?
3. Zest, the exocarp of the lime fruit, is often used in cooking. What part of the lime is zest?
4. British people have at times been given the nickname "limey". Where did this nickname originate?
5. Generally, what colour are lime fruits?
6. Lime fruits have a particularly high content of a certain vitamin. Which one?
7. Agricultural lime (or garden lime) is a soil additive used in gardens and lawns. What is it made from?
8. What is the major active ingredient in agricultural lime?
9. "The Lives of Harry Lime", originally known as "The Adventures of Harry Lime", was an old-time radio show produced in England in the 1950s. What personality, also famous for "Citizen Kane" and the radio version of "War of the Worlds", played the role of Harry Lime?
10. What is the common name for the "Tilia" genus of trees?
Source: Author rb6359
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.