Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This actress married Richard Burton in 1964, but that didn't work out, as they divorced in 1974. However, she thought she'd try it again and that same mistake ended the same way: divorced in 1976. Who was this actress?
2. Prohibition has taken place all over the world. In some parts of the United States, for example, there was Prohibition in the mid-19th century. This, however, was not well-liked by the public. This mistake was made again in the 20th century, when another Prohibition took place. What is "prohibition" prohibiting?
3. During World War II, Germany tried to attack Russia. It failed. You would think that the Germans would have learned not to make the same mistake again. Who was the leader that tried to conquer Russia?
4. This singer made the same mistake many times. In fact, a song title tells us that she made the same mistake. She "played with [his] heart" and "got lost in the game". Who is the singer?
5. "Did I do that?" Oftentimes, the main character on this sitcom would make the same mistakes over and over and over again. Every time he broke a vase, or knocked a table over, he would utter the quote mentioned. What show is he from?
6. In 2003, a soda company launched a turkey and gravy flavored soda for Thanksgiving. It was a huge success. So in 2004, they made the mistake of launching it again. You might now be thinking, "Salami, if this was a success, it doesn't sound like it could be a mistake". Well, they first sold out in two hours, and in 2004, the second time they launched the flavor, their computers crashed because of its popularity. What company is this?
7. Carolco Pictures had several blockbuster hits, but in 1995 they created a movie that turned out to be a complete flop. Then, in the same year, the company went bankrupt when they made the same mistake by making another movie that was a complete flop. It became the company's last movie. What movie caused Carolco Pictures to become bankrupt?
8. This man was Bill Clinton's Vice President of the USA. He first tried to run for President in 1988. Then, in 2000, he made the same mistake when he ran again for President. He failed this attempt as well. Who was this Vice President?
9. While trying to invent the light-bulb, this man perhaps made the same mistake over and over again. He probably tried to make a light-bulb one way, then tried another way, and then went back to trying something he had already done before. Who is often credited with inventing the light-bulb?
10. Every now and than, even I will feel the effects of making a mistake. Sometimes, I type a wrong word, and I will make the same mistake again and again. In fact, this very question contains an error. Can you tell me which word I have misused?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.