Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "The car in front is a Toyota" was one adverting slogan used by the Japanese firm. But many of their cars spent more time in garage workshops than on the roads in late 2009 and early 2010. So what was the problem?
2. "Houston, we have a problem" was one of the most famous space-age quotes. So what was the problem that nearly brought disaster to Apollo 13?
3. D'Oh! Homer Simpson was largely raised by his father, Abe. So what problem meant that his mother was not around for a large part of his childhood?
4. In 2010, a British plan to build a car capable of reaching 1,000 mph nearly foundered because of a technical issue. So what was the problem?
5. After months of rumours and hype, Apple launched its iPad tablet computer in April 2010. On the first day 300,000 were sold. So, which of these was a problem many users experienced?
6. In 2009, Microsoft launched its new Windows 7 operating system. So what was the problem that left millions of users frustrated?
7. Hail to the chief: So, what problem did Barack Obama experience when he was sworn in as US President in January 2009?
8. In April 2010, all flights over British and Irish airspace were cancelled for six days and the travel plans of millions of people were thrown into disarray. So what was the problem?
9. A new footbridge was built over the River Thames in London to mark the new millennium. It opened on June 10 2000 and closed two days later. So what was the problem?
10. The Balao class submarine USS Tang was the pride of the American navy when she was launched in 1943. So what was the problem that saw her sink little more than a year later?
Source: Author darksplash
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.