Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Simple Minds performed this piece of music for the movie "The Breakfast Club" in 1985. What is the name of the song which speaks of a hope of always being remembered after having to leave?
2. In 1975, Paul Simon came up with a very unique solution to having to say "So Long, Farewell". Actually, Paul came up with more than one. What song gives the listener quite a selection of ways to say it's over?
3. The next artist has several names. One is Reginald Kenneth Dwight. Another is Elton Hercules John. What song is about a young man watching his brother's plane flying to Spain?
4. Peter, Paul and Mary, among other singers, recorded this song. It was about regretting leaving someone you love. What is the name of this song which is also on the soundtrack of Armageddon?
5. While I don't appreciate many musicals, this is one I truly enjoy. Created by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, this musical is based on a real family. I doubt you will have much difficulty guessing the title to the song I'm thinking about. Well, what's the answer?
6. Eric Clapton and Will Jennings wrote this deeply painful song. Initially, Will didn't feel he should be involved in something so personal. Yet, after Eric explained why he wanted Will to help, a beautiful song came forth. What is the name of this amazing song?
7. This song reflects how people and places go in and out of our lives. Billy Joel wrote this song shortly after moving to the west coast. What is the title of this song?
8. Jacques Brel, a Belgian singer/songwriter, wrote a song entitled "Le Moribond". In 1974, Terry Jacks turned it into a hit. In 1999, it was a number one hit in the week before Christmas. Do you know the title of this well-traveled song?
9. Billie Joe Armstrong, of Green Day, wrote this song in response to a girlfriend moving to Ecuador and their breaking up. What is the title of this Green Day song?
10. The last music selection is one where "So Long, Farewell" is expressed as a final celebration. Oingo Boingo is a group difficult to place in one particular type of music genre. What one of their songs really takes leaving to the extreme?
Source: Author Deunan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.