Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Walking down South Street in where else but South Philly, I get lost in what my eyes see. Outside the Theatre of the Living Arts I spot a discarded ticket stub that reads: October 1, 2002 - Town Hall opening for The Wailers. What style of music did this concert feature?
2. I'm in Paris now, for no other reason than it's springtime and the steps of the Sacre Coeur are hailing my weary bum and gazing eyes. The view from up here is awe-inspiring, but once again my eyes taken their preference of the ground below. I notice a miniature poster that reads: "Libre Mumia!" What on earth is Mumia, I wonder?
3. There's a park...oh yes, I'm strolling through it...birds...fountains...lovers necking...a man with dreads playin' the "gitfiddle"...and a brochure laying on the grass. I pick it up...I read it, slowly translating the words in my head as I do so, and this is what I think it says...founded by the Romans, (blank) is the highest navigable point of the Guadalquivir River...something something port city...El Puente Romano? What city am I in?
4. Counting banana slugs along the path, I don't notice the trail posting that I walk past. No worries, I've been hiking through the Cascades since I was a little boy and judging by the shape and color of the sign, I'm going to assume that it probably said something like "Beware of the Wolverine, Lynx, Gopher Snake, and the Cougar". Which of these animals am I probably wrong about being listed on the sign?
5. My feet are tired now from all this walking and I decide to hop on to one of those guided tour buses. Barcelona is the city that I'm visiting and stopped at a red light at the intersection of Carrer de Bailen and the Gran Via, our guide points to a patch of street pavement through the window. "This is where (blank), an architect native to Barcelona, was hit and killed by a tram," she says. Who is this legend that she speaks of?
6. Walking down Sea-Town, I see how far I can kick a can before I lose it in the street, bushes, or a bottomless pit. Kicking the can, I'm reminded of an article I once saw on the cover of the Wall Street Journal. The article was dissecting the rumor that the Yellow 5 ingredient in a certain carbonated beverage lowered the sperm count of the individual who drank it on a daily basis. What kind of pop can am I probably kicking?
7. I'm standing on a star, and if I had a second set of eyes on the top of my skull I would see that I was not the only one focusing on the cement below. Michael J. Fox, a recent entry to this studded club, is the name that I'm staring at. The 'Back to the Future' series is my favorite trilogy and my favorite character is the one who says, "So why don't you make like a tree and get outta here". Who is this character?
8. The rain is pouring down and Ribbonworms, Red Wrigglers, Mealworms, and Nightcrawlers are surfacing everywhere. All of these are indeed types of worms, but I am obviously lying about spotting one of the mentioned species. Which one?
9. I'm walking through the North End section of Boston following a red painted line that seems to go on forever with no sight of the start or finish. What does this stripe symbolize?
10. Sick of walking, I'm running now. I'm running as if speed is the only thing keeping me alive. I'm running until my shirt clings to my chest by the glue of my perspiration, I'm running until my once uniformed breaths of sweet oxygen become desperate pants for comfort. I'm running until...aching, sometimes sharp pains now torment the lower fronts of my legs. I think I am suffering from Medial Tibia Stress Syndrome or what runners commonly call...?
Source: Author ninjajason19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.