Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Des Moines, Iowa, lies at the confluence of which two rivers?
2. Des Moines was founded in 1843 when Fort Des Moines was built, but when was it incorporated as a city?
3. Iowa attained statehood 28 December 1846 as the 29th state. Which Iowa city was the state capital prior to Des Moines?
4. Des Moines experiences a variety of weather and natural phenomena. It is most prone to which natural disasters?
5. Who were the first Europeans to visit the area that would become Des Moines?
6. Which of the following is an accurate description of the average elevation of Des Moines?
7. Which Iowa county contains the city of Des Moines?
8. Which one of the following celebrities was a former resident of Des Moines?
9. Prior to settlement by white pioneers, which of the following Native American tribes inhabited the Des Moines area?
10. Which newspaper was the first to operate in Des Moines, Iowa?
Source: Author pshelton
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor zh1322
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.