Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which TV personality was NOT born in Iowa?
2. What northeastern town is internationally known for its elaborate homage to Norwegian heritage known as Nordic Fest.
3. Name Iowa's famous African-American opera singer.
4. How many Iowa towns begin with a "z"?
5. Which Broadway musical is set in Iowa?
6. What is the largest Iowa County?
7. Along the same line, what is the smallest county in Iowa?
8. What feature film was NOT filmed at all in Iowa?
9. What Iowa River translates as "Potato River"?
10. What Iowa town shares its name with one of the world's oceans?
11. Iowa has 100 counties.
12. What Iowa University mascot shares its name with the state's nickname?
13. What town is Indianapolis Colts' Tight End Dallas Clark from?
14. What newspaper has the largest distribution in the state?
15. What state and river form borders to Iowa?
16. Which is NOT one of the Quad Cities?
17. What organization was interested in Fort Dodge's famous hoax, the Gypsum Giant?
18. First Ladies Mamie Eisenhower and Lou Hoover are from Iowa.
19. What city's court house is situated on an island?
20. Which town was home to a World War II German POW camp?
21. What former president was also a radio announcer for Iowa's WHO radio station?
22. Which town has NEVER been a capital of Iowa?
23. What Iowa college is the only college in the nation to have the entire campus on the National Registry for Historic Places?
24. What town was once a fort, and the only one ever built in the United States to protect one Native American tribe from another?
25. What town claims Kate Shelley Bridge, the tallest double track bridge in the world?
Source: Author bigkihap
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.