Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If you travel the most direct route from Dubuque on the Mississippi to Sioux City on the Missouri, which route will you be on and how long will the trip be?
2. Sioux City is one of Iowa's five largest cities. But what about its neighbors, South Sioux City and North Sioux City? Which of the following statements is true about South Sioux and North Sioux City?
3. Which entertainer's birthplace is NOT in Iowa?
4. Driving in Iowa, on which interstate would you pass exit signs for the following communities: Council Bluffs, Pisgah, Honey Creek, Hamburg, Sloan, Onawa, and Sioux City?
5. Which of Iowa's "Big Four" universities is LEAST easily and quickly reachable from Interstates 80 and 35?
6. The origination point of which of the following national brands is NOT in an Iowa community?
7. Which Iowa city is the largest member of the "Quad Cities" (according to the 2010 census)?
8. Besides the Mississippi and Missouri, what other river forms part of Iowa's boundary?
9. Basically, Iowa is a rectangle crossed roughly in the middle by Interstates 80 (east-west) and 35 (north-south). Also, I-29 passes through Iowa along its western border, from South Dakota to Missouri. But there is also a 73-mile section of interstate completely within Iowa's borders (I-380). Which two of Iowa's larger cities does it connect?
10. Which of the following Iowa towns is NOT correctly matched with the ethnic background of its founders?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.