Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system, but a city named Jupiter is more modest, with a 2011 population of 55,000. In which peninsular state would you find it?
2. Neptune was the Roman god of the sea. This town of Neptune is nowhere near the sea but it is about 100 miles (160 km) from Lake Erie. What state is it in?
3. Many of the town names in this quiz don't have any direct connection with heavenly objects, but this one does! Named for the aurora borealis (the northern lights) in which state (sometimes called the "flour sack") will you find this town named Aurora?
4. Venus is a bright spot in the night sky. If you're looking for the town of Venus, naturally you'll find it in "The Natural State". Which southern state is that, exactly?
5. Ceres is the only dwarf planet in our inner solar system, but there are more listings for Ceres in the U.S. than any other celestial body in this quiz, except Venus. The Ceres in this question is a hamlet in which "Empire State"?
6. You hear people say that the earth is a small place; it's not if you're on foot. In what big state will you find Earth?
7. The constellation Orion is on the celestial equator and can be seen all over the world. If you wanted to see the town of Orion, you'd have to go to which Midwestern U.S. State?
8. "Take me to your leader," said the man from Mars. But in which of these states will you find Mars?
9. Pluto is the Rodney Dangerfield of our solar system - it doesn't get any respect. It's a planet, then it's not, it may tell us something of the origins of the universe, then it won't. But getting down to Earth, in which state that was formed because of the American Civil War will you find Pluto?
10. Mercury is the planet nearest to the sun and the fastest moving, a real quicksilver object. Quickly now, in which of these silvery states will you find the town of Mercury?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.