Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Lying off the coast of Northumberland and accessible via a causeway, which island was an important centre of Celtic Christianity?
2. Lying at the mouth of the River Wear, this city was long famous for shipbuilding. Its football team plays at the Stadium of Light.
3. Found where the River Esk meets the sea, which former whaling port is associated with Captain Cook and Count Dracula?
4. Britain's first seaside resort, what North Yorkshire town was name-checked in a song recorded by Simon and Garfunkel?
5. This Humberside town was long famous for deep-sea fishing. The resort of Cleethorpes lies next door.
6. Home of the first Butlin's holiday camp, which Lincolnshire town is famously bracing?
7. Which town located on the Suffolk coast is home to a famous annual music festival?
8. Lying between the River Orwell and the River Deben, this Suffolk town is home to Britain's largest container port.
9. Lying on the north side of the Thames estuary, what Essex resort is famous for the length of its pier and for a building called the Kursaal?
10. The leading English cross-channel ferry port, which Kent town's chalk cliffs have been immortalised in song?
Source: Author dellastreet
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.