Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Carlos arrived at a festival in Mexico City to perform his mariachi-style music only to discover that (gasp!) his guitar had not been placed into its case! Swiftly, he hopped into a taxi and started to retrace his steps.
The first of these steps was a volcano situated in three states: Mexico, Morelos, and Puebla. What volcano did Carlos visit?
2. The ride eventually brought Carlos to the Pacific Coast and the State of Guerrero. He started to search along a boardwalk in this city, but resigned to look out over the bay (of the same name). Which of these cities was he in if he was walking on the country's largest beach?
3. Carlos hopped onto a bus and traveled north along Mexico's western coastline, all the while staring out the window, searching for his lost instrument. Inevitably, he disembarked in Guadalajara, the largest city in what Mexican state?
4. Although the ferry stopped in La Paz, Carlos took a shuttle north to the city of Tijuana to see if someone located his guitar and dropped it off at the border. This meant that Carlos could have checked out which adjacent U.S. city?
5. Carlos made his way along the border until he reached one particular state known to share its name with a small Mexican dog. He found neither the canine nor his guitar; instead he found a large expanse of desert. What is the name of the state he was in?
6. Continuing southeast, Carlos made it to the city of Veracruz in the state of the same name. Here, dipping his feet into the waters, he continued to ask passers-by about his missing item. In what body of water was Carlos cooling off?
7. Arriving at his next stop, Carlos moved along the coastline, always looking over his shoulder to check the spots he may have overlooked. Soon, he headed into what Mexican state whose name was perhaps much more well-known for a brand of spicy sauce?
8. Carlos arrived in the Yucatan and fell upon one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Looking upon El Castillo, he tried but was unable to find his guitar at which famous Mayan ruin complex?
9. Continuing along the beautiful waterfront, Carlos eventually arrived at Mexico's most famous vacation spot in the State of Quintana Roo. What hotspot, also known as the Glistening City, was Carlos searching in?
10. Enough was enough. Carlo hopped on the next plane back to Mexico City to buy a new guitar. Upon his arrival he had a taxi take him to the center of the city for one more look. He stopped at the location depicted. What was the name of the statue he visited?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.