Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A monument lies near the northeast corner of the city, at the mouth of Emigration Canyon, with a quote signifying that 'This is the Place!' Who was the founder of Salt Lake City that made this utterance?
2. Salt Lake City was named for the Great Salt Lake, situated at the northwest side of town and extending up into northern Utah. Is it true or false that the Great Salt Lake is the saltiest lake in the world?
3. Salt Lake City is bounded on both the west and the east by mountain ranges. The world famous Wasatch mountains are situated at the east, but what smaller range limits the Salt Lake valley to the west?
4. Several world famous ski resorts are within an hour of downtown Salt Lake City, including Park City, Deer Valley, Solitude, and Brighton. The latter two can be found up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Which two resorts may be found up Little Cottonwood Canyon?
5. Downtown Salt Lake boasts the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, otherwise known as the Mormons. The Salt Lake Mormon temple, the Tabernacle and other interesting and important Mormon buildings are located within one city block downtown that is known as what?
6. Salt Lake City has only a few very tall buildings. Perhaps the most famous of these is called by the imaginative name 'Mormon Church Office Building'. This was the long-time tallest building in Salt Lake, but is it still?
7. Which of these roads is the 'main drag' of the Salt Lake valley, extending all the way from the downtown area to the distant southern suburb, Draper?
8. There is only one university situated within the boundaries of Salt Lake City. Which one would that be?
9. Salt Lake City proper has a population of 174,348, according to the 1998 estimate. Which of its neighboring suburbs has the next highest population in the valley, as of the year 2000?
10. Here's an easy one, if one regards my username. Which NBA team plays its games in the Delta Center, located in downtown Salt Lake City?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.