Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The sun has finally set, and our helicopter takes off from an airport named for the 40th US president. Right away we see a capital city well-planned by a "French child," with many well-lit beautiful landmarks, including a war memorial designed by contest winner Maya Lin. We are flying over what federal city?
2. We head north and over a large metropolis with very tall buildings lighting the sky and an iron lady glowing in the city's harbor. We are flying over what "city that never sleeps"?
3. We zoom west to the shores of Lake Michigan to see a bright metropolis with the Willis Tower in view and ursine folk playing in a lighted stadium honoring USA soldiers. We are flying over what city with "big shoulders"?
4. We head southwest and quickly come upon the largest river in North America, and there on the west bank is a huge steel arching monument glowing in the sky. We are flying over what gateway city?
5. Heading northwest, we suddenly see something beaming out of a Black Hills mountain (formerly known as The Six Grandfathers) showcasing four prominent head carvings. We are now flying over what former mining city?
6. Now zipping further west, and through the rain, we see city with several tall lit buildings (including Columbia Center) and an observation tower looming over the city and topped with what appears to be a flying saucer. We are flying over what emerald rainy city?
7. Our helicopter whirls south, and a glowing orange (officially, international orange) structure appears spanning a bay. Off in the distance looms a spooky fortress lit on a rock island. We are flying over what foggy bay city?
8. Now we fly east and see a such a stunning display of gas lights of all colors that it appears to be daytime for more than 350 hotels. We are flying over what "strip" city?
9. Turning southeast, we fly over vast desert-like land but eventually come upon a small but beautiful mission building near a lit "walking" river bearing the same name as its city. We are flying over what river city?
10. We head eastward for the end of our trip and land next to a huge covered circular arena whose encircling lights are flashing green, gold, and purple. Nearby lighted twin spans cross a "muddy" river. We have landed in what crescent city?
Source: Author amcoffice
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.