Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Luke 2:1 - "And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus..." Who was Caesar Augustus?
2. Luke 2:1 - "....that all of the world..." Rome ruled all the known world at the time of Christ's birth.
3. Luke 2:1 - "...all of the world should be...." The decree mentioned in Luke 2 that was sent out by Caesar Augustus served a specific purpose. Which of the following phrases best describes that purpose?
4. Luke 2:2 - "And this...was first made when..." According to the Gospel of Luke, who was the Governor of Syria in charge of following through with the decree of Caesar Augustus?
5. Luke 2:3 - "And all went...every one into his own city". It seems obvious that the Romans were wanting to take a count of some sort. They already had a tradition of people going to an ancestral city to check in with government officials.
6. Which legendary king of Rome was credited with beginning the census?
7. Which ancient Roman government official was in charge of counting the people?
8. Luke 2:4 "And Joseph also went..." Where was Joseph's ancestral town?
9. So the census in ancient Rome provinces likely served as a way to determine the basis for taxes that were owed. What was the name for this type of tax?
10. In conclusion, let's go back to Luke 2:1. "And it came to pass in those days..." Which of the following historic dates is closest to "those days" to which Luke was referring?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.