Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which state is between Nevada and Colorado and its highest elevation is Kings Peak at 13,528 ft (4,126 m)?
2. Charlotte is located in one of the original thirteen states. The state motto is "Esse quam videri" or "To be, rather than to seem" Which of these is it?
3. George Washington, our first Commander-In-Chief, was a man from this state. With the motto of "Sic semper tyrannis" or translated to "Thus always to tyrants". The state was originally named after the English Queen, Elizabeth I, The Virgin Queen. Which is it?
4. Located between Alabama and Louisiana, this state takes its name after a river that runs into the Gulf of Mexico. This state's motto is also "Virtute et armis" or "By virtue and arms." Which state is this?
5. This state's name, if one adds two letters at the beginning, becomes the name of another state. This state also has the motto of "Ad astra per aspera". Which state am I talking about?
6. Which state was Disney Channel's teenage actress, Destiny Hope "Miley" Cyrus born in?
7. On April 28, 1788, this state became the nation's 7th state. With the motto of "Fatti maschii, parole femine," meaning "Manly deeds, womanly words," this state's capital is Annapolis. Which small state is this?
8. Being the only state formed as a direct result from the Civil War, this state was the nation's 35th state.
9. Admitted to nation in May 29, 1848, this state is the U.S.'s 30th state. Which special state touches two of the five Great Lakes?
10. With "Oro y plata," or "Gold and silver" as its motto, this state is the nation's 41st state. Which is it?
Source: Author Hermione124
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.