Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which state is the 11th state, has a motto that is "Excelsior!" or "Ever Upward!" in Latin, contains the Erie Canal, and its capital is Albany?
2. In which state is Mount Rushmore located?
3. Which state was admitted to the Union in 1889, as the 39th state and its motto is "Liberty and union, now and forever, one and inseparable"?
4. Which state was admitted in 1819 as the 22nd state and has its capital in Montgomery?
5. Which is the 48th state with its capital in Phoenix, the childhood city of the character Isabella Swan in "Twilight?"
6. Which state is part of the south central region, admitted to the union in 1836, and is the 25th state?
7. Which state became the 15th to join the union in 1792? Its English-language motto is "United we stand, Divided we fall," and its Latin motto is "Deo gratiam habeamus," meaning "Let us be grateful to God"?
8. Which state is the Grand Teton National Park located in?
9. Which state's capital is Baton Rouge and was originally part of New France?
10. Which state contains the tiny town of Forks, the setting for Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series, and is the only state named after a President of the United States?
11. Which is the Golden State and the most populous state of the United States?
12. Which state is located in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States of America and is also known as The Centennial State?
13. Which state is located in the southeastern region of the United States of America, has the "Sunshine State" as its official nickname and has the motto "In God We Trust"?
14. Which peach state is located in the southern region of the U.S, and is one of the original thirteen Colonies that rebelled against British rule in the American Revolution?
15. Which state has the motto of "Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono," is located in the Central Pacific, and ranked 42nd in population?
Source: Author Hermione124
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.