Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was Julius Caesar's first job?
2. How many times did Julius Caesar get stabbed during his assassination?
3. What was the problem with the Roman calendar, which Caesar reformed into the Julian calendar?
4. Shakespeare made a whole moment out of Julius Caesar discovering Brutus was amongst the men stabbing him. This was based on fact, but which fact?
5. After the Battle of Pharsalos, his last remaining enemy and former triumvir, Pompey, fled to Egypt. The Egyptian authorities wanted to get in the good grace of the victor, Julius Caesar. They decided to murder and decapitate Pompey, and offer Caesar his head. How did Caesar react?
6. When was Julius Caesar deified?
7. The first Triumvirate was a collaboration of three men, Julius Caesar, Pompey Magnus, and Marcus Crassus, to divide all power amongst themselves. The three men each possessed a quality which would help them: one had a name which carried a lot of weight in Rome, one had a lot of money, and the third one was popular with the people. Which of these was Caesar?
8. While being dictator of Rome, Caesar was offered a crown by Marc Antony according to the historian Plutarch, to declare him King of Rome. Caesar refused. What is a possible reason he refused?
9. In ancient Rome, prominent people had 3 names, the tria nomina. The tria nomina consisted of a first name (Gaius), a family name (Julius) and a nickname (Caesar). Why did the famous Gaius Julius Caesar get the nickname Caesar?
10. After Caesar's funeral, what was the Roman public's reaction?
Source: Author Buferos
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.