Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the Latin version of Caesar's famous phrase, "I came, I saw, I conquered"?
2. When pirates captured Julius while he was crossing the Aegean Sea and demanded twenty talents of silver as a ransom, what was Caesar's answer?
3. Once the ransom had been paid to Caesar's kidnappers and he was released, how did he react?
4. When Julius Caesar shared the consulship of Rome with Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, what was the heckling name given to the city's government?
5. Which senator did Julius have arrested for filibustering?
6. What was Caesar trying to put into law, which resulted in attempted disruption by both Cato and Bibulus?
7. The First Triumvirate was made up of Caesar, Marc Antony, and Octavian.
8. When the Helvetii tribe entered Gaul, local tribes called on Caesar for help against the incoming warriors. How did Caesar react?
9. In his own time, Julius Caesar was said to have "falling sickness". What would this disease probably be called today?
10. Which of the following places did Caesar NOT invade?
Source: Author drowsteel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.