Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was Gaius Julius Caesar's mother?
2. From which Roman deity did Caesar claim descent?
3. During Caesar's childhood, he was nominated to become Rome's Flamen Dialis, a special priest of Jupiter. Which of these activities was Flamen Dialis banned from participating in?
4. During his youth, Caesar was one of a number of Roman citizens to be proscribed, a punishment that could result in banishment, seizure of assets and death. Which general (later Dictator) of Rome ordered the proscription of Caesar, but eventually pardoned him?
5. What was distinctive about the horse that Caesar rode during battles?
6. What was the name of the award that Caesar won following the capture of Mytilene?
7. True or False: Caesar was the first Roman to lead an expedition to Britain.
8. Perhaps Caesar's most famous quote "Veni, vidi, vici" ("I came, I saw, I conquered") was said on August 1st 47BC following which battle?
9. Caesar was assassinated on the Ides of March 44BCE at a meeting of the Roman senate. Beneath which famous general's statue did Caesar fall?
10. Caesar named Gaius Octavius (later Augustus) as his heir. How were Caesar and Octavius related?
Source: Author science queen vj
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.