Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When did Caesar lead his legions across the Rubicon, thus causing a civil war that would ensure his place as the master of the Roman world?
2. Which uncle of Caesar is famous for his reformation of the Roman legions?
3. After Caesar's election to the post of Praetor in 62 BC, he was alloted a province in the then expanding Roman republic. Which was it?
4. The first triumvirate consisted of three men - Julius Caesar, Pompey the Great and Marcus Crassus. Why was Marcus Crassus part of this extremely powerful trio?
5. Where did Julius Caesar beat the Gallic warlord, Vercingetorix and ensure that the Gauls remained loyal to the Roman Empire until its fall?
6. Julius Caesar and Pompey the great had a love for a certain woman. Who?
7. Julius Caesar was very close to his nephew Octavian. Octavian was a good fighter and extremely loyal to his uncle, Caesar made him a general of one of his famed legions. After Caesar's assassination and the war that followed, he was made imperator and was and still is regarded as one of Rome's greatest emperors. What was his name while emperor?
8. Caesar had only one known son, he was of the Egyptian royal line and also the son of Cleopatra, what was his name?
9. Why did Julius Caesar and Cleopatra never marry?
10. When was Caesar assassinated?
Source: Author Harlequine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.