Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A buffer zone was created between North and South Korea at the end of the Korean War in 1953. By what name was the area known?
2. Hastings was the location of an important battle in English history. Who came out as the victor and new monarch of the land?
3. The Battle of Thermopylae is one of the most famous conflicts of ancient times, celebrated for the soldiers' valiant last stand. Who were the opposing sides during the 480 BCE battle?
4. This location became known as the Hanoi Hilton in the west during the 20th century American-Vietnam War. Prisoners of war were infamously held at Hoa Lo Prison, but who originally built it?
5. The Gallipoli Campaign aimed to secure the Dardanelles channel and seize Constantinople from the Ottoman Empire. Of which large-scale war was the operation part?
6. Isandhlwana was a significant location at the beginning of the Anglo-Zulu War. In which modern country is it located?
7. As civil war raged in one country on the Balkan peninsula, the capital city was under siege from 1992 until 1996. Which city was the location of over 13,000 war-related deaths in 44 months?
8. Two empires collided on the American continent and the Aztec Empire came to an end after the Battle of Tenochtitlan. Who was the conquistador leading the Spanish forces?
9. The beach at Dunkirk became infamous during the Second World War. Which of these best describes what happened there in May 1940?
10. Gettysburg was a small American town made infamous by a Civil War battle in July 1863. In which state did the battle take place?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.