Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the last Anzac's name?
2. How old was Alec when he enlisted in the Army?
3. What did the other soldiers call Alec?
4. The Anzacs first landed at Gallipoli on April 25, 1915. Alec wasn't among the original Anzacs that landed that day. He didn't arrive until later in the year. Of the men that arrived on that first day of the campaign who was the last survivor?
5. In what month, in 1915, did Alec arrive at Gallipoli?
6. After Gallipoli Alec returned to Australia. He was to be married twice. What were his wives' names?
7. Many years after the Gallipoli was over, Alec and more than 50 veterans, made a trip back to Gallipoli for a special anniversary service. What anniversary was it?
8. When did Alec die?
9. Alec was the last Anzac but other nations (including France, Britain, Canada and of course Turkey) took part in the Gallipoli campaign. How many Gallipoli veterans were alive when Alec died?
10. Alec was given a state funeral which ended with a _______?
Source: Author Kuu
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Terry
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.