Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Battle for Moscow officially lasted for which of the following periods of time?
2. Approximately how many men were involved in some stage of the Battle for Moscow?
3. How many more times the number of men were engaged in the Battle for Moscow than the Battle for Stalingrad?
4. Of course, the Battle for Stalingrad and the Battle for Moscow primarily involved German and Soviet forces. What were the total losses to both sides during the Battle of Moscow?
5. The Battle for Moscow was the first time the German blitzkrieg had been stopped and may have been a signal that Germany could lose the war. What did Fabian von Schlabrendorff, a German officer later involved in the conspiracy against Hitler, have to say about it?
6. What was the operational code name for the Battle of Moscow?
7. What major blunders by Hitler ruined any chance of a German success in the Battle for Moscow?
8. What did Soviet Marshall Georgy Zhukov say when he was given a report on estimated Soviet losses in the Battle for Moscow?
9. What demonstration did Stalin give of his confidence in Soviet chances to win the Battle for Moscow?
10. Stalin had totally failed to prepare his army before the Battle for Moscow even though he had advance intelligence of Germany's plans to invade. As a result, how did that affect the availability of weapons for his soldiers?
Source: Author HurricaneBill
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.