Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This British company, formed in 1911, currently has 379 stores nationwide. Its range of chocolate includes Alpini, Lemon Meringue, Mousse au Chocolat and Viennese Truffle. What is the name of this chocolatier?
2. This sweet has a yellow tube with bright red writing. With it you get a stick of liquorice which you dip inside the tube, coating the stick with a white powdery looking substance. Once placed in the mouth, it creates an explosive sensation of sheer fizziness. What is the name of this classic favourite?
3. These small round jelly sweets are made by Rowntree and have a sugar coating. They are available in five flavours: lemon, lime, strawberry, blackcurrant and orange. What is the name of this fruity chew?
4. This throat lozenge contains menthol and eucalyptus oil and is a popular choice to see people through the winter months. It was marketed through a memorable TV advert showing a poorly male at a train station asking for a "First class dicket de Dottighab". What is the name of this cough sweet?
5. "Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate, tastes like chocolate never tasted before." These were the lyrics to the song used by Cadbury's to advertise their Flake chocolate bar. Ice cream vendors serve this chocolate bar in an ice cream cone to young and old alike. What is this more commonly known as?
6. Liquorice All Sorts, Black Jacks, Jelly Babies and Fruit Salad are made by a confectioner called Bassett's. What is the name of their mascot?
7. Bon Bon's were a favourite sweet during the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. They consisted of a chewy filling with a powdery coating on the outside. Which flavour did they NOT come in?
8. This confection made by Cadbury's is their most popular selling item between New Year and Easter. The original TV advert asked "How do you eat yours?" What is the name of this Easter favourite?
9. This is another sweet containing menthol and eucalyptus and was originally designed to alleviate respiratory problems suffered by men working in the North Sea and Arctic Circle. What is the name of this lozenge?
10. The Big Purple One is a large chocolate which contains hazlenut with caramel inside. In which tin of chocolates and sweets would you find the smaller and original version?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.