Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The word "masala" can often be seen on some of the delicious menus served in India. What does the word "masala" mean?
2. Aloo Gobi is a very easy but satisfying meal to make. What are the two main ingredients of this wonderfully warming dish?
3. India is known for its versatile white cheese which can be added to various recipes. What is the name of this cheese?
4. Along the west coast of India is the area known as Goa. Goan cuisine is famous for its seafood dishes with the most popular being fish curry and rice. Which product is most commonly used for flavouring in Goan food?
5. As Indian dishes are hot and spicy, a side dish is sometimes available to cool down the palate. The chilled sauce has a yoghurt base with chopped fruits or vegetables added. What is the name of this condiment?
6. Rice is a firm staple of the Indian diet but another popular dish involves cooking dried lentils, peas or beans. What name is given to a recipe that uses split pulses?
7. What deep fried snack is similar to onion bhaji but contains ingredients such as spinach, potato or cauliflower?
8. The majority of Indian food is served with rice. Which long grain rice is known as the 'Queen of Rice'?
9. What is the name of the popular drink served in India which contains the syrup made from fruits, flowers or herbs?
10. When sitting down and eating an Indian meal, what are paratha, appam and roti?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.