Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where did Mrs. Handler first get her idea for Barbie?
2. Mrs. Handler was told that the doll would be too expensive and difficult to produce, but she kept trying. How did she finally get her idea considered?
3. A very specific body type was used for Barbie. What was the primary reason for this?
4. Where did Barbie make her debut?
5. What is an innovative marketing technique that Mattel used to help create a demand for Barbie clothing?
6. By 1965, Barbie's fan club was second only to which other group of that time?
7. One of Mattel's early attempts to change the vinyl mixture Barbie was made from caused what?
8. Who was the first face of Barbie molded from?
9. Francie, made in 1967, was the first attempt at adding what to the Barbie line?
10. In 1961, the Barbie line got another first. It was another doll to add to the line. It was named after Ruth and Elliot Handler's other child. What was the name of this doll?
Source: Author myrab51
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.