Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The origins of Bridge can be traced back to a card game first played in the 16th Century. What was the name of this game?
2. In which century was a game known as Bridge first played?
3. Which American multi-millionaire transformed the game from Auction Bridge to Contract Bridge in 1925 - the game we play today?
4. In 1931, the best-selling book in the USA was a bridge book, written by the first entrepreneur of bridge. What was its name?
5. Which American President was considered an expert at the game?
6. The trophy for the first world championship was named after the place where it was first played - what is the name of the trophy, still played for today?
7. From 1957-69 one country remained undefeated at bridge at world level - which one?
8. Women have had their own Bridge World Championship since 1970, with the trophy again named after its first venue. Name the trophy.
9. Has the International Olympic Committee recognised any "mind sports" ?
10. Which heart-throb actor has represented his country at Bridge?
Source: Author kaapie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.